First Name: Athanasios
Last Name: Anastasilakis
Institution: 424 General Military Hospital
I’m currently serving as a consultant of Endocrinology at 424 General Military Hospital in Thessaloniki, Northern Greece where I have a heavy clinical schedule at the hospital and simultaneously run several clinically oriented research projects.
My PhD was on the RANKL-osteoprotegerin bipole. I have published over a hundred scientific articles in peer-reviewed international journals in the areas of thyroid, metabolism, gestational diabetes, and especially metabolic bone diseases, which represent my main area of focus and expertise. I’m currently a member of the European Calcified Tissue Society (ECTS) Academy and co-editor of the ECTS monthly newsletter.
List of 5 Best Publications
- Zoledronate for the Prevention of Bone Loss in Women Discontinuing Denosumab Treatment. A Prospective 2-Year Clinical Trialhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31433518
- Changes of Circulating MicroRNAs in Response to Treatment With Teriparatide or Denosumab in Postmenopausal Osteoporosishttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29309589
- Clinical Features of 24 Patients With Rebound-Associated Vertebral Fractures After Denosumab Discontinuation: Systematic Review and Additional Caseshttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28240371
- Increased osteoclastogenesis in patients with vertebral fractures following discontinuation of denosumab treatmenthttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28283537
- Bone disease following solid organ transplantation: A narrative review and recommendations for management from The European Calcified Tissue Societyhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31299385