Joining the ECTS Academy
Each year ECTS organizes a selection procedure for new members to be elected within the ECTS Academy for a duration of 5 years.
Application Period: 28 September-30 October 2020.
call for applications- clinicians
call for applications-Basic scientists
Applications are accepted from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is an ECTS Member and works in the musculoskeletal field in Europe.
- For basic scientists: At the time of application <10 years after PhD (or equivalent) degree. This period may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years in case of exceptional circumstances (illness and pregnancy/childcare).
- For clinicians: At the time of application <10 years from qualifying from medical school AND <5 years from completing specialization (both criteria must be met). This period may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years in case of exceptional circumstances (illness and pregnancy/childcare).
- For all applicants: Present position must either not be a permanent faculty position or the applicant must be <3 years into a permanent faculty contract.
- The applicant should have a scientific profile in the musculoskeletal field with at least 3 publications as first or last authors in international peer reviewed journals.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate engagement in scientific organizations for advancing musculoskeletal research (e.g. committee participation, conference organization, abstract reviewer, etc.).
Please find here the criteria, by which your application will be scored:
- List of publications
- Awards and prizes
- Engagement in musculoskeletal societies
- Secured grants/fellowships
- For clinicians: participation in clinical trials
- Invited talks
- Leadership experience (e.g. supervision of students, thesis supervision, etc.)
- Social engagement (e.g. participation in scientific events for the public, volunteering, etc.)
- Affinity to the musculoskeletal field (e.g. which conferences have you attended? How many times?)
- Motivation to be an ECTS Academy member based on your motivation letter
- Reference letters
Researchers, who have been appointed to a tenure track professorship or hold a permanent position as a leader of a research team for at least 3 years.